10 Facts About Uganda
1. The country shares its borders with five other countries: Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
2. English and Swahili are the country’s official languages. Other languages and dialects are spoken throughout Uganda.
3. If you cut down a tree in Uganda you must plant 3 trees.
4. Mountain gorillas in Uganda are a major attraction for tourist all over the world. It is estimated that half of the worlds population lives in Uganda.
5. Uganda is also home to 11% of the world’s bird population.
6. Mt. Elgon located in Uganda has the largest volcano base in the world.
7. Almost half of the country’s population is under the age of 14, which makes it one of the youngest countries in the world.
8. Agriculture is an important part of the country’s economy as it employs the majority of the Ugandans (almost 1/3rd).
9. Coffee and cotton are the cash crops that bring in a significant amount of revenue to the country.
10. Uganda hosts more refugees than any other country in Africa? There are more than 21 million refugees in the world and 86% of them have found shelter in developing nations.